Thursday, December 8, 2011

ECas Status Tracking Tool: (E-Cas tracking )



Friends,

I thought saving some time for you while you check your ECas status. So here is simple tool which can help you.



Here are the simple steps:
1. Download  WinCIC.exec from:  http://min.us/mtEFE0ufB
    (Please rename it to WinCIC.exe after downloading)
2.Enter your details.
3. Click on "Save your details" button to save your details in your local machine(C:\CIC.txt)
(use save button to save your details in your private computer only, if you are using public computer then do not use this option. When you click save button this tool will save your information in your local machine and reuse it when you start it next time so you don't have to enter all information again :) )
4. wait for the Ecas page to be loaded and after that Automate button will be enabled.
5. Click on Automate button and wait!  You will see your status page in some time.


I know there are some bugs in this tool but I will be keep on fixing it and will try to provide you new version soon. If you face any issue then please let me know so that I can fix it.

Features planned:
- currently this tool is  loading to main page and then you have to click on link (say RBVO or In Process) to go to actual status page. I will fix it soon to directly route to actual status page.
- Auto scheduling and daily status email to your mail box.
- email notification only when status changes. (developing this will be fun part!!)
- Any other??? Please share so I can add them!


I hope this tool will atleast save your 5 seconds daily! :)



Disclaimer:
- The purpose of this tool is to just check your status and none of your personal data is shared with anyone. I have developed this tool for the benefit of the people and it's available free and no-one should engage in reselling it or collect money for this service. This tool just reads the web page of Canadian Immigration web-site and it does not modify any data present there. Neither me nor this tool is responsible for any kind of loss that may occur while using this.

I have developed this tool just for my interest and to learn technology, Please refrain from any kind of misuse! I am also planning to share code once I have email functionality implemented so that interested people can help me in maintaining and adding more features.


Thanks,
Sunil



4 comments:

  1. Fixed a small bug and updated files!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    I think your program list of countries is mismatching the E-cas.

    I selected 'Republic Iran' but when saving program showed me error, and continues anyway. E-cas did not work as the country was empty. I opened the cascade and I saw there 'Iran' rather than 'Republic Iran"

    Can you take a look? Also can you tell me where this saved detail I made, was stored?
    Thanks for the program.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Moji for finding this bug. I have fixed the issue, please download new version from here: http://minus.com/mtEFE0ufB/ and give it a try.

      your details will be stored in your local machine's C:\CIC.txt

      Please let me know if you have any more question.

      Thanks,
      Sunil

      Delete
  3. Any time, Patel.

    This time I could use the program and see the result, but when I wanted to save there was a 'Ecas Status Automation' message, saying: 'Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.
    Access to the pass 'C:\CIC.txt' is denied.

    I have the printscreen, if you need.

    ReplyDelete